Sunday, November 2, 2008

Am I really doing this?

Home from college for a year...what to do...what to do...blog about it?

I used to hate that word - blog. It sounds like cyber no-mans land. But at least I've got a forum, a free forum to write. 

I am 20 and I can't believe it. When I was 5, age 20 was no different than age 40 - adult means adult. But I find myself in this purgatory lately, too old to cry and too young to know better and on top of that, I know people my age studying to become doctors. Crazy. 

I live in the middle of America, the Midwest, "fly over country" for people on the coasts. I'm Irish, Catholic and the youngest of four siblings if that says anything. My brother is in Afghanistan and my sisters like to gossip with each other. My dad sells insurance and my mom makes at least 12 loaves of banana bread at this time of the year. It's fall and the leaves in Kansas City are orange but its 60 degrees outside and for the next few months until the end of winter - today will be the warmest and most beautiful day of any of them. 

I went to all-girls high school - and it's not as weird as people think. 

I have a German shepherd-lab mix and he sleeps under my room and he barks all night. If anyone had advice about how to stop this, please right in - you'll get a prize from me!

What else about me might you want to know? There is so much and I want to share it all in time. For now - I think I'm going to have some banana bread and watch the cooking channel - its Sunday and I didn't go to mass (gasp!)!

1 comment:

I AM RIGHT said...

Grover is humiliating. Will you please remove him from your blog. It's bad enough that neurotic thing lives in our backyard. What a dykedog.