Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Shark Week

Location: Paradise Aquatics in Overland Park - a seemingly calm afternoon in the balmy tank.

The guys at the front desk kept cracking jokes about how I should take a photo with them and myself in it....ew

I slinked to other side of the tank to escape and this is what I saw while I heard one of them say, "I think you creeped her out, man. Good goin' Robbie." 

That's when I saw it - the small giants, growing an inch a minute - these nurse sharks will continue until 10 feet long. This one in the picture, above the smaller one, is selling for $300. If you have this much, plus however much it will cost to house a 10 foot shark...and feed it - than you're good to go. It needs a home.

This little guy slithered out just in time to see what all the commotion was about. I don't think he liked my flash. I've never seen anything in real life that looked so much like Flotsam and Jetsam from The Little Mermaid.

Someone got jealous...

She followed me everywhere I went. Can you say desperate?


The first time I saw Shark Week? The summer of 2004. Some things you just don't know you love until you find yourself in pajamas from yesterday watching 800 shows about the same thing and you won't let ANYONE have the remote unless they want to lose an arm...or at least, that's how I found out I like sharks alright. 

Why only a week? Because people have lives! If I could watch Shark Attack III on repeat - I would - it's like the scene of an accident I just can't look away from. And once a year, Animal Planet panders to people like me. In the meantime, I'll get my fix with old Nurse Ratched here (that's the name the two Don Juan's at the front desk gave her). 

1 comment:

I AM RIGHT said...

Your readership is anxiously awaiting your cheese entry!!!! WRITE ABOUT EXPENSIVE CHEESES--DO IT FOR THE FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!