Monday, November 3, 2008

the red dress, part I

Location: Mitzy London's, Overland Park, KS

Time: an hour before close

Scenario: unsure. Unable to make up mind about purchase.

I am a paid writer for yelp.com - which is a local reviewing website. Today my job was to sift through the endless rows of shops along the new one nineteen strip mall and judge them. At the end of my excursion, I found this dress in the corner of the 'lifestyle store' or so the website says. For $58 I told the woman at the cashier I'd sleep on it. Unfortunately, "we don't do hold..." she said. I guess I won't sleep too well tonight at the thought of someone else buying my dress.

"Christmas is coming up," I told her - trying to make an excuse to purchase it impulsively. And then she looked at me like she didn't know why I was telling her this. "I'll just take a photo for reference," I told her - but really - it was just to share with my fellow bloggers for this post. 

Should I buy the dress?! Write in and let me know. 

1 comment:

Marisa said...

hey lady friend
so i think u should make this impulse purchase...well i guess its pass the impulse, but regardless//DO IT

i just recently purchased a similar one myself, and am currently picturing us strutting our stuff in our matching red dresses

good day to you