Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween BUST.


Halloween is the best day of the year - hands down. And I'm not just saying that for timing-sake, I wish Halloween were once a month. And I've believed this since I was a baby - even when I was too sick to trick or treat for two years in a row, age 10 and 11, I remember having a blast.

This year I wanted to relax and hand out candy - something I haven't been able to do for a long time because of some lame party I was dragged to. But for Halloween 2008, I had serious plans: I carved my pumpkin (see above: the 'birthmark' on its cheek is actually a nibble from the squirrels) and I played my Ghost Sounds of 2007 CD (which isn't as cheesy as it sounds - I turned it off when it got dark because I have lots of windows in my house and I got scared - don't judge me.) I stocked up of the trinity: Snickers, Milky Way, and Reece's plus Starburst for the weird kids who don't like chocolate, and Twix and Hershey's and Mr. Goodbar's and... 

...and not a sole showed up. Nobody - not even one kid with a runny nose and his dad tagging along - nothing! I bought enough candy to give at least 20 kids full pillow cases worth (what you see in the picture is only half of it). Five years ago I'd run out of candy in an hour and now Halloween on my block is like no-mans land. It makes me sad...


... and to cheer myself up I went out and bought a purse from Bacara Designs for $20. It's supposed to be this international store and the price tag said it was from Chotta but when I map-quested it the closest thing that came up was Chota, Tennessee. I think I'll tell people Venezuela. Funny how an international store had such a preppy pattern - everything else was either a wool parka or something carved from wood. 

No comments: